Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ms. Shelby Lynn... first day of kindergarten

I have to admit.  I am SO glad that I am having another baby in a few weeks.  I am not shy about the fact that I enjoy it when my kids are in school.  I am not one that cries when school starts, I would describe it more as shouting for joy.  I just think that it is good for all of us, meaning the kids and myself to have that in their lives.  Today however, was different.  I sent my youngest to kindergarten and it was not easy.  With my kids being so close together I dreamed for this day.. I thought that is the day that life will be GREAT.  I was sorely disappointed.  What a great lesson to enjoy the moment.  Trevor is the sibling just older than Shelby and he is in 3rd grade.  She has been my little sidekick for a few years now.  I will miss her!!  She is so much fun and I feel like I have gotten to know her well.  I am excited to get to know this new baby.  He will be my little pal for years to come!!  The sad thing is I will have to go through this again in 5 years.  You better believe I will cherish the time I have with him before school starts.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I cannot believe Shelby is so big!!! Really? Where did the time go! It's hard living in the moment and I cannot wait for the day that I learn how!

Crystal said...

I'm sure I will feel the same way... but I am looking forward to it! You're kids are SO cute! You are too young to have kids that old; crazy!!

Andrea said...

How cute! I dream of the day Brooklyn get's to go! And by the way you mean 6 years to enjoy your little boy! :) Like brooklyn he will have a September b-day. That means they will be almost 6 when they go lol! :)