Monday, February 2, 2009

Hawaii......Holy fun!!!.

I must say that Hawaii was so so much fun. We took so many pictures and so did my family. We all sent each other our pictures and it is fair to say I have way to many. I also posted way to many. I couldn't pick just a few because I want to document all the fun! I wouldn't anyone for logging off now..but I am saving me some memories, so here we go!
We hiked Diamond head. It has a fantastic view of Honolulu. This is a picture of me and Jared, my brother Daniel and my sister Andrea and her husband Aaron. It was beautiful. These pictures do not do justice!

Me and Jared in front of Hanuma bay. It is a very popular site to go snorkeling. Jared LOVES to snorkel. It is one of his favorite things in the world. Personally, I am not such a fan. I find myself closing my eyes because I do not want the fish to touch me. I am such a wimp, I know!











We had lunch at a Vietnamese place. We did this because my younger brother went on his mission to Cambodia and speaks Vietnamese. He loves to go and talk to the people and wanted to eat some food from the mission. The bowl below is a dish called Pho pronounced "Fu" is that awesome of what. I personally did not try Fu, but I did have another dish. I was so proud of myself. Generally I will not try anything new. It was pretty good.












We went whale watching. It was awesome. You can't get to close to the whales, there are laws against it, but we saw them fairly close.



Jared was spoiled. He got to golf at Turtle Bay not once, but twice. He also loves to golf so this was quite the treat for him. They have 2 courses there and he was able to golf both of them.



On the last day that we were there we went deep sea fishing. It was also fun~boy that word gets a little redundent! Me and Jared, Andrea and Aaron and Daniel all went out for 4 hours. We only got one smaller fish. The thing that stinks is that we had hooked a Marlin. We could see it jumping out of the water, but the dang thing got away. That was the one fish we were all hoping that we could catch. It was still a really cool experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Daniel got quite sick~I don't know that he would!
Below is a picture of the boat we rode in with the fishing poles attached.


These pictures are of Jared and I in front of the entrance to get into our hotel. We stayed at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach resort. This is actually part of my parents time share. It was an awesome place to stay. It was a little outside of Honolulu so it was not right down in all of the congestion. It has it's own private beach so it is far less crowded. Also, they are like little condos so you have a kitchen and everything. It was great.. I really liked staying there. One of my favorites!!


This picture below cracks me up. Jared says this is how I am every time he tries to kiss me. That is SO not true!

My sister took this pic of me and Jared at the Polynesian Cultural center.


Here are all of us also in front of the hotel.
















More pictures of us fishing.


























The one and only fish that we caught. Jared had the pleasure of reeling that baby in (above) lucky him!





























Here we are in front of Pearl Harbor. We had been there before, but I had forgotten how tragic this was. My grandpa passed away this past year. He was a survivor of Pearl Harbor. I think maybe that is why it had a little more meaning to me. I really enjoyed it.












The whole crew... Left to right. Ryan, Colette (brother and sister-in-law) Nathan and Christina (brother and sister-in-law) Mom and dad. Andrea and Aaron, Jared and I and Daniel.












Me and Dan just chillin in the car.













Me Andrea and Dan at the Swap meet.










Me Dan and my mom at the Polynesian Cultural Center.
Jared and I the Polynesian Cultural Center.

At the swap meet Jared got his teeth whitened. Now if that does not look high tech I don't know what does. A lawn chair under a tarp, what more could you ask for? I am really praying they don't fall out.

Me and Dan once again, fishing before he got sick!

Pearl Harbor. I am sorry these pictures are all in a pretty random order. One of the most eventful parts of our trip was the flight home. Our flight went out at 11:40 Friday night. About an hour into our flight they came over the intercom and announced that there was a problem with the fuel gage and that they did not feel comfortable flying over the Pacific Ocean and they would have to turn around. We went back to Honolulu and they cancelled our flight. They gave us each one hundred dollar vouchers and put us up in a hotel. We got to spend an additional day. To be honest with you I was pretty ready to go back at that point. I missed my kids!!! We were so happy to see them when we finally got back.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Holy Jody! You are a hottie!!! That first picture of you is AMAZING! Jealous doesn't even describe my feelings! I thought of you guys everyday (not in a creepy way, either!) I'm glad you had good weather and had fun. We'll be at the basketball game tomorrow, so hopefully I'll see you there!!

Bingham fam said...

FUN!!! That looks like a blast! I really loved the ZOOM whitening at the swap meet. That was CRAZY! :)

Lori said...

So much FUN!! And Jody you look AMAZING!! I don't look that good after one kid - no seriously :) I love your hair dark, you really look so pretty. Ok don't worry I don't have a crush on you :) I'm glad you guys had a fun time! Take care

Andrea said...

I love looking at the pictures! It makes me want to go back :) Thanks for making it such a fun trip!!