Monday, November 2, 2009

A zombie, a D-will, a cowgirl and a vampire....Oh my

Halloween this year was fun. I have to admit that I am not really a fan of Halloween. It is definitely not my favorite holiday, but I remember loving it as a kid, as do my kids, so I enjoy it for them. Because it was on a Saturday this year, we dressed them up a few times. They did not have school on Friday, so they dressed up Thursday for school and then Saturday for a party at my moms and trick or treating.

My mom has a had a little party since the kids were small, I say little, but really it is not. It is huge!! The reason it is so big is the number of people in my family. I come from a family of 8 kids and you can imagine how quickly the nieces and nephews come. Let me figure it out, currently there are 26 grandkids with one on the way. It is constantly changing and therefor not easy to recall at any given moment. It is chaos, I will admit, but SO much fun!! I would not have it any other way and the kids have SO much fun with all of their cousins, as do I with my brothers and sisters and in-laws.

We went trunk or treating with Amy and Jamon at their church. I am sorry, but once again, I love it because you get a lot of candy FAST, and I am all about fast!! The kids are happy and we were able to still go and see Jared's parents and visit. It was a good day!


I had to throw in the picture of the pumpkin that I carved. If you can't tell it is a picture of a boxer. I have never really attempted to carve anything but your typical eye, nose, mouth pumpkin, but I found a template for this and gave it a whirl. I think it turned out well and the kids were thrilled. I was their hero for a day with this one. It made it all worth it. They love their dog!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Awesome pumpkin! We forgot that part this year :) I'm not the biggest fan of halloween either - some people seriously LOVE it, but me - not so much. But the kids dressing up is so darn cute! Your kids look great.
Ok I can't believe how big extended family is getting! I'm sure your parents are loving being grandparents and having everyone nearby. Okay that was a novel comment :) take care!