Sunday, June 6, 2010

Trevor's Baptism

Yesterday was a fabulous day! Trevor was baptized by his dad. It was such a great day, with so much of our family there. Trevor is really a great kid!!

On the other hand, today was not such a great day!! We were getting ready for church this morning. I was in the tub and Jared had just worked the night shift and was sleeping. As I was sitting in the tub I heard all kinds of commotion. Jared then came and yelled through the bathroom door that Shelby was hurt and we needed to go to the hospital. I threw on my clothes and went to see what was wrong. She had hit her head on the dresser and had a gaping hole in her head. I tell you what, even though I am a nurse, it is a whole different story when it is your own kid. I freaked out!! We had to go and get 10 stitches put in her head. It was sad... I wish I had taken a picture of her dress it was of course way bloody and we just took her that way. The best part is when she told the doctor she looked like a vampire!! This girl cracks me up. She is just always keeping it real! I love the way she posed for her picture.. I am glad she is ok, but I did not love that experience!

4 comments:

Bingham fam said...

I love her picture with the stiches. Awesome that your son got baptized! Amazing how quick they grow.

Bingham fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Oh, I was so sad I couldn't make it to the baptism! Shelby is awesome and her picture is too, the stitches, however, are not!!!

Colette said...

wow! what a day! How did I not see her on the day this happened.
Glad she's doing o.k. and still has her sense of humor about her.